Dr. Rhoads is an expert in educational technology and instructional integration in online, blended, and in traditional classroom settings. He also has expertise in instructing teachers and educational leaders on how to utilize data and data practices to make data-driven decisions to drive instruction. Also, Dr. Rhoads has a background in Special Education, which has given him experience in co-teaching, creating assessments, data collection surveys for Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs), and developing data reports to help in writing defensible IEPs. Lastly, Dr. Rhoads has researched and practiced effective professional development, which includes teaching teachers how to do through active learning and engagement and then providing teachers opportunities to experiment, innovate, and facilitate further training’s in their own districts and school sites.
Dr. Rhoads has partnered with The Discovery Source for all consulting ventures.
Mission: My goal is to make the EdTech and instructional integration seamless for your school, district, university, or organization and to create solutions for teachers and school leaders to put their teachers and students in the best positions to succeed within in-person, blended, and online classroom settings.
Edtech Integration and Instruction Professional Development and Coaching
- Developing synchronous and asynchronous ongoing PD
- Evaluating instruction and EdTech usage by teachers
- Provide and outline frameworks to develop equitable classrooms within a classroom without instructional boundaries
- Providing coaching to instructional leaders, coaches, and teachers
- Co-create Coaching Systems, Coaching Rubrics, and Observation/Coaching Protocols for Coaches and Leaders
- Provide research and expertise on how to create tech-infused systems throughout classrooms, schools, and districts
Assessment, Data Practices, and Data-Driven Decision Making to Drive Instructional Change
- Evaluate formative and summative assessments within the curriculum
- Provide PD and coaching on the use of formative assessments and real-time data collection to drive instructional decision-making
- Collaborate with district and schools on how they discuss data and put the data into action
- Coach teachers and leaders on how to collect, clean, and transform data to drive instructional change
Special Education Related Professional Development
- Evaluate current Special Education procedures and systems relating to instruction and case management and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide training and expertise on how to create sustainable case management workflow and systems to prepare and have successful IEP meetings and defendable IEPs
- Coach teachers and Special Education leaders on using technology tools to support student accessibility and learning
- Provide expertise and evaluation on co-teaching and using EdTech and research-based strategies to create inclusive and effective co-teaching classrooms
EdTech Company Consulting
- Evaluate tool usage with instructional strategies
- Collaborate on effective onboarding and professional development of the tool
- Creating professional development content – instructional videos, blogs, and content on how to use the tool and its benefits to student learning
- Provide expertise on tool research and development
List of Services
- Conducting live online or in-person professional development workshops. Workshops can range from half to full-day sessions.
- Coaching sessions with teams, teachers, or school and district leaders.
- Book studies and accompanying PD.
- Working with teachers and leaders on developing effective in-house professional development programs and coaching systems.
- Aligning instructional strategies with edtech to meet your school/district instructional goals.
- Program evaluation and assessment reports to support program improvement.