By: Matt Rhoads, Ed.D
Dr. Matt Rhoads is a Tech and Instructional Leader and Innovator with hands in Adult Ed, K-12, and Higher Education. He is the author of several books and is the host of Navigating Education – The Podcast.
Tango is a revolutionary Free Google Chrome Extension that automatically creates a written step-by-step guide in real-time without the need for video recording or writing down your own step-by-step guide. Tango transcribes the actions you make with your mouse, URLs, and screenshots, which can all come together to create the step-by-step guide. Ultimately, this is an easy-to-use and game-changing tool that can help you amplify how you provide written instructions for your students to come back to again and again to support them in their learning.
Getting Started with Tango
- Get the Tango Google Chrome Extension
- Sign Up for a Tango.us account
Video Guide: How-To Video for Tango
- Includes how to Add the Tango Google Extension
- Provides a Step by Step Example of How a Step by Step Guide is Created.
Tango Step by Step Direction Examples
Here are several of my Tango Interactive Step by Step Directions for you to review:
- Pear Deck Step by Step Implementation from Google Slides
- Adding Footnote Citation on Google Docs While Researching Articles
Application for Students and Instruction
There are a wide variety of applications for students in your class. They can be shared as PDFs or direct hyperlinks to students, which can be housed on Canvas or a website for students to always have access to. Below are a number of the following to think about:
- Tech Instructions
- Directions for Assignments and Projects Involving Tech
- Assignments/Project Directions
- Finding Things Online/Research